If there’s any better feeling than zapping a grubby wall clean while you pretend to be a fireman in Backdraft, I’d like to hear about it!
You might have guessed I have an unhealthy obsession with pressure washers, and that’s certainly what my ex-girlfriend wrote on my Facebook wall when she announced she was leaving me for a solicitor in Staines.
But when one door closes, another opens. With all her shoes out of the flat I’ve got more space to store pressure washers! The latest addition to my stable is the Whale W80. Here’s what I think about it.
With 360 litres per hour of water flow and 1700W of power, this machine is plenty powerful. It does 120 bars (same as Gazza on a long weekend, and more than the Kärcher K2) and the tank can store 6 litres. The pressure does deliver solid results and it’s quite efficient so if you’re environmentally-minded (and you should be) that’ll be a plus point.
The pump is made of metal, so it should be pretty durable. (Ask me again a year from now, but it feels durable.)
Ready to Use
The second thing I liked (apart from the POWER) was the design. I’ve used a power washer or two in my time, but I still appreciate when you can just plug something in and get to work. Even someone who’s never used one of these before will be up and running within 5 minutes. No hassle – hats off to the designers.
It is also very easy to carry around, being portable and lightweight and it has handles and wheels. That’s good because it’s actually quite heavy.
- The nozzle has 3 modes
- Hose extends to a full six metres (that’s 0.0298 furlongs in old money)
- You also get a separate bottle of cleaning solution. You can just spray with the bottle wherever you want to instead of it being mixed into the water. This way’s more efficient
- It also has an auto-stop feature, so you don’t have to worry about water being wasted. It stops on its own
- The owner’s manual is in plain English
Performance and Conclusion
The Whale W80-L pressure washer is a neat bit of kit. I think it looks pretty good, and there are some design choices that you’ll notice when doing a long cleaning sesh, like the wheels and the pressure. You’ll REALLY notice it when you try a less powerful model with fewer features.
To me, the price is okay, but some might find the RRP a bit high. I won’t argue with that, and there are some other good options at the same price point. If you see it on special offer though, you should just dive in and get it.
- Powerful universal air-cooled 1700W pressure wahser with highly durable axial cam metal pump.
- 120 bar pressure with 6L/min water flow for optimal cleaning result without wasting water.
- Easy to use. No assembly needed. Lightweight and fully movable with wheels, handles.
Last update on 2018-06-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API