Keeping carpets clean in your home or office can be a challenge and a time-sink. Hiring professionals is all well and good, but we’re not made of money! Buying your own carpet cleaner can be a huge long-term saving.
So how does the RHCC5001 perform and is it good value for money? Let’s find out in this detailed review.
What Comes in the Box
- Russell Hobbs RHCC5001 Carpet Washer
- 500-ml Alpine Fresh shampoo solution
- Instruction manual
Features and Technical Details
Weighing less than 6 kilos it’s very lightweight. This model has a volume capacity of 1.8 litres for clean water and 1.75 litres for dirty water. Its motor provides 600 watts of power, so it’s on the low end in terms of output. The power cord is a standard 8 metres – fine for use in a home or a small office.
Its dimensions are 1090 x 240 x 420 mm (H x W x D) – that’s 42.9″ x 9.5″ x 16.5″.
There are no attachments of the sort that would let you clean stairs – this is intended for room carpets and rugs. It does work on all floor surfaces though so it’d do well on carpet tiles in the kitchen, laminate or hard flooring.
It’s quite easy to set up and use and would be a good option if you just want a cheap carpet cleaner to deal with the odd spill here and there.
It does clean quite well, despite its underpowered motor. We tested it on some difficult stains and it got them out very nicely. It’s good with ‘unexpected pet stains’ too!
The main downside is that it’s really noisy. You don’t expect a carpet cleaner to be silent but it’s not exactly a JCB, is it? I found myself wearing earphones while using it.
- The cleaning process is visible. Through its transparent container, it can be seen that the dirt is lifted up from the carpet through the water inside the Russell Hobbs RHCC5001. Uses technologies that make cleaning more effective and easier
- Leaves carpets and rugs fresh and clean
- Has heating function
- Can be used on all floor surfaces
- Comes in a combination of White and Blue colors
- 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee
- It doesn’t have accessories – can’t be used on stairs
- Much too noisy for my delicate ears
Who Is It For?
Homeowners and people with pets who want to tackle stains quickly or give their carpets a quick refresh from time to time. If you’re going to clean them more often you should spend more money and get a more powerful machine with more features and accessories.
Conclusion and Verdict
The Russell Hobbs RHCC5001 is one of the better low-cost models and worth considering. It makes carpet cleaning easy, fast, hassle-free and affordable.
- Visible cleaning - see the dirty water being lifted from the carpet
- Ideal for picking up spills and refreshing carpets and rugs
- Lightweight - weighs less than 6kg
Last update on 2017-07-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API