I was once hired to clean the back garden of this run-down old farmhouse. It hadn’t been lived in for years and the grime was entrenched. The walls seemed to be a hundred feet high, and the paving stones were like ice, they were that slippery. It was clear I would spend the rest of my life cleaning the place. So I popped along and rented a pressure washer, blasted the whole thing clean in a couple of days, and got a bonus for finishing early.
Now I’m always on the lookout for inexpensive machines I can keep at home, so I was pretty happy to be asked to test this one from Makita.
The Makita HW101 240 V is a compact and heavy-duty, high-quality machine which I’m a big fan of. Let’s look at some of the ways it impressed me.
One of the irritating things about most pressure washers is that their nozzles are difficult to work with. You will need to put in some effort to get what you want. However, the Makita HW101 240 V Compact comes with an adjustable nozzle which allows you to adjust it the way you like and according to your cleaning needs. This nozzle is easy to operate and you will be able to get the hang of it in no time.
Adjustable Detergent Bottle
Cleaning with just water is never enough; you need to add some cleaning solution to make sure that grime and dirt are shifted. The more stubborn the stain is, the more detergent you will need to use. But how will you apply the amount of detergent you need? With this product you can adjust how much is added to the mix, so you only use as much solution as you need for the job.
- Whether you need a power washer for domestic use or commercial use, this product will meet your needs. It is smallish, making it easy to store, and is small and lightweight (7.3 kg) enough for you to carry around.
- Produces 100 bar of pressure and 360 litres/hour.
- It makes a medium to high amount of noise while in use – up to 84 decibels for power washing and 76 dB for pressure washing. The noise might be an issue for you or your neighbours.
- The nozzle on the product is adjustable, allowing for more accurate cleaning.
- The detergent bottle is flexible.
- The wobble plate motor used on the pressure washer is a whopping 1.3 kW.
- The power usage of the product is about 240 V. There are no other power consumption options available on this machine.
Performance and Conclusion
We rate the Makita HW101 240 V Compact at 9 out of 10. It made cleaning a breeze, then tucked away into its little corner, out of the way. My biggest complaint is how noisy it was, but I’m willing to compromise on that as it gives an excellent result.
When I saw the price tag I was quite surprised, as I expected it to be a lot higher. If I had to buy one for myself, I wouldn’t hesistate to get this one. Just need a pair of those big earmuffs that builders use!
- Maximum pressure 100 bar
- Maximum flow 360 Litres per hour
Last update on 2018-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API