The carpet sweeper market in the United Kingdom is booming! People are moving back towards eco-friendly, quiet alternatives to noisy vacuums.
But with this boom comes an influx of absolute garbage products. Luckily, we have stepped in to filter the gold from the garbage. We look at the best carpet sweepers for manual usage, rechargeable and cordless needs, for pets or commercial use, and entry level models. We check out some of the key features, and summarize with reviews and research. Let’s go diving for treasure!
Best Carpet Sweeper For Manual Usage (No Charging Required, No Battery Needed)
Leifheit Rotaro – Small
While manual carpet sweepers sometimes get a bad rap for being underpowered, the Rotaro counters with high convenience and great ease of use. The manual aspect of the Rotaro ensures that the sweeper is always ready to be used, and the lack of electronic pieces increases its longevity far past most other sweepers.
Yes, you must push a little harder across carpet compared to an electric or battery-powered sweeper.
Think of it as exercise paying off with cleaner floors and less hassle!
Are you cleaning hardwood? Or are you sweeping up linoleum or tile? Switching gears and vacuuming carpet? Regardless, the Leifheit Rotaro is a solid option, performing the needed cleaning tasks with ease. The Rotaro comes with a height adjuster, which allows for a smooth transition between surfaces. A large dust collection reservoir ensures that no dumping is required mid-clean.
With its unique side sweeping brushes, the Rotaro allows users to clean their floors up to the edge of the wall. This rids owners of the ever-present half-inch edge of dirt right by baseboards.
While the sweeper is smaller in size, the Rotaro becomes even more easy to use and convenient with its compact, lightweight design. Here are a few more features of this product:
- One of the lightest carpet sweepers on the market at 2.3 kilograms
- The Rotaro cleans many surfaces, sweeping up to the wall effortlessly
- Strong, sturdy design, capable of withstanding surprising pressures
- Height adjustability ensures smooth floor transitions and carpets perfectly cleaned
- Very large lift-out dust collection leads to effortless emptying and replacement less often
Overall Summary of the Leifheit Rotaro
To summarize, the Leifheit Rotaro is a stellar option for the price and size. The lack of mechanical objects to break and suck electricity or batteries are a huge bonus, and its added two-year warranty is nothing to sneeze at. This is the highest quality manual carpet sweeper on the market.
- Deluxe floor sweeper, easy to use, always ready
- Driven side sweeping brushes clean right to the edge
- Height adjustment for effective cleaning of smooth floors and carpet
Best Carpet Sweeper That Is Rechargeable And Cordless
G-Tech SW02 Floor Sweeper
Are you in the market for a carpet sweeper that is cordless, portable, yet still runs on electricity to avoid excessive pushing? If this is the case, you will want to look in the direction of the G-Tech SW02.
This beautiful model offers a full hour of run-time on a single quick charge, an impressive benefit that should not be overlooked.
The SW02’s extra-large rolling brush, with a width of over 30 centimetres, will perform an edge-to-edge cleaning on a far wider area than competing models in the same category. This translates to faster cleanings, less time spent moving back and forth, and a more effective, efficient result.
No longer will you need to spend an extended time on a small area of floor or hallway.
The G-Tech SW02 is even lighter than the previously reviewed Rotaro, at only 1.6 kilograms. This weight makes the SW02 a viable cleaning option for all ages, from young children learning the concepts of hard work, to the elderly with strength and mobility issues. This allows all to clean for longer periods of time without fatigue setting in. Here are a few more features of this product:
- The G-Tech SW02 is one of the most portable cordless carpet sweepers on the market
- Its wider brush allows for less time spent sweeping
- The fast recharge and low power utilization keeps the SW02 energy efficient
- Price-wise, this carpet sweeper has the best bang for your buck amongst all cordless sweepers
The G-Tech SW02 breaks down into a handheld sweeper as well, allowing the user to clean upholstery and get those hard-to-reach areas with ease. Its powerful motor is capable of suctioning metal objects such as coins and bolts with zero issues, so feel free to use this sweeper in your workshop or garage.
The rechargeable battery pack on the SW02 offers solid longevity, and has a lifetime of at least 500 recharges. That means with two 30-minute sweeper sessions per week, you are looking at 10-plus years of solid usage. The battery will need to be left to charge for 24 hours before the sweeper’s first use upon purchase.
Overall Summary of the G-Tech SW02
To summarize, the G-Tech SW02 is the flagship option for cordless, rechargeable sweepers. With a stellar battery life, extra-wide brush, feather-light weight, and low cost, it will make those cleaning tasks that were once difficult a snap!
Best Carpet Sweeper For Sucking In Pet Hair
Dustcare Carpet And Hard Floor Sweeper
Are you finding yourself on the hunt for a high-quality, lightweight carpet sweeper that has been rigorously tested to work on pet hair and fur? Fear not, your search can end here with the Dustcare Carpet and Hard Floor Sweeper.
This product is ideal for laminate and hardwood floors, but works wonders on all forms of carpet as well to suck up any trace of pet hair, dander, and fur.
The Dustcare model is affordable, versatile, and perfect for homes with furry shedding critters. Whether you are searching for a sweeper for residential or commercial purposes, this option is an intelligent choice that will deliver years of workhorse power. In comparison to traditional vacuums, the Dustcare is far simpler and faster to use.
Not only is all the above accurate, keeping the sweeper at peak efficiency is a snap! Purchasing the Dustcare Carpet and Hard Floor Sweeper gives you a full package that includes a cleaning comb, useful for scraping any larger debris from the brushes with ease.
The sweeper also folds open on both sides, making the cleaning process no sweat.
The Dustcare model has three parallel rows of brushes, compared to the one or two rows common with sweepers in the same category. This enhances the cleaning capability for both carpets and hard flooring. The sweeper is on the more compact size, with an overall width of 10.5 inches and depth of 7.5 inches. While this is ideal for portability, it takes away from the ease of use a bit, requiring more back and forth to get the same level of clean than competing models (such as the SW02 above).
Here are a few more features of this product:
- No added pressure is required to obtain super-clean floors
- The Dustcare model is ideal for containing and eliminating unwanted pet hair and debris
- Large dustbin makes for simple cleanup and longer-lasting periods between emptying the sweeper
- The lightweight, compact frame of the Dustcare model makes it perfect for small spaces and even stairs
Overall Summary of the Dustcare Sweeper
There is quite a bit to be impressed about with the Dustcare. Its lightweight, compact design makes for extended ease of use. If you have furry friends running about, it’s worth a closer look to determine of the Dustcare will meet and exceed your needs. For a highly reasonable price, the results are impressive.
- This superb, lightweight, handy sweeper is perfect for both residential and commercial use. Ideal for quick clean-ups in any room in your...
- Simple To Use Quick & Easy Cleaning - Colour: Silver/Black
- Faster and easier to use than a vacuum, non electric for that quick clean up, the Dustcare sweeper simply glides over all surfaces. It...
Best Carpet Sweeper For Heavy-duty Usage (Commercial Level)
Chances are, carpet sweepers are starting to appeal to your tastes far more than bulky vacuums. If this is the case, you will fall in love with the Rubbermaid 421288B Commercial Series.
Its lightweight portability makes it perfect for extended usage by everyone from full housekeeping teams to housewives and househusbands in large homes.
With its compact size, the Rubbermaid 421288B fits perfectly into tighter spaces, allowing the user to spend less time moving furniture or objects. The small size also equals a very light weight, making this the perfect sweeper option for those spending copious amounts of time removing dirt and debris from floors and carpets.
The 421288B’s manually adjustable handle allows convenient reach under furniture such as beds and couches without having to lift the furniture, skip the area, or bend to a painfully low angle.
Constructed from a mixture of heavy duty galvanized steel and ABS plastics, the Rubbermaid sweeper is guaranteed to have a long-lasting lifespan.
While the sweeper width of the 421288B is a mere 6.5 inches, the path is suitable for most carpet sweeping needs. It’s worth noting that with this far narrower sweeper, cleaning large spaces such as living rooms and high-square footage hallways can become burdensome. The product was designed with the hotel room in mind: tight spaces and not a ton of open flooring.
Here are a few more features of this product:
- Plastic and steel heavy-duty construction withstands intense, consistent usage
- Lightweight and compact design is perfect for hours and hours of sweeping per day
- Smallest sweeper in our list, at 5 inches long and eight inches wide, making it incredibly compact
- Can transition between multiple surfaces instantly, making cleaning kitchens a snap
Overall Summary of the Rubbermaid 421288b
Are you on the hunt for a solid alternative to a bulky vacuum for extended usage and high-level cleaning? The lightweight, compact, yet extremely powerful 421288B should be your first and last sweeper on the list. Save energy, save strength, and get things done with ease!
- Smaller size gets into tight spots^Efficient 6.5 sweep path Easy-open debris pan for effortless cleaning Constructed of durable galvanized...
Best Value for Money Entry Level Carpet Sweeper
Bissell Sturdy Sweeper
This product has the best price:quality ratio that we have seen, without breaking the bank in the process. Despite its low cost, the Bissell option is quite durable, and will not be easily rendered useless.
The design of the Bissell Sturdy Sweeper is such that lighter than anticipated pressure is needed to properly clean both carpets and harder flooring, adding to the longevity of the product. Weighing in at slightly over 1.4 kilograms, this model is one of the lightest sweepers on the market.
The feather-light weight allows users to effortlessly glide the sweeper across multiple floor surfaces with ease.
The dimensions of the Bissell sweeper are 9.5 inches wide, 8 inches deep, and 2.5 inches tall, ensuring that it can be moved easily. However, some might find the product too bulky to fit under furniture compared to other competing sweeper models. Here are a few more features of this product:
- Lightweight sweeper with compact footprint is simple to use and easy to store for future use
- Though thick, can be used completely flat to easily reach underneath low-lying furniture
- The Bissell comes with four corner brushes to ensure proper and perfect edge cleaning
- The product works wonderfully on carpet and rugs, despite its affordability, and is quite durable
Overall Summary of the Bissell Sturdy Sweeper
In general, the Bissell Sturdy Sweeper is a wonderful option for those needing a budget sweeper to replace an old vacuum. Whether cleaning hardwood floors, tile, or carpet, the Bissell entry level version will get the job done quick as a flash. It’s intuitive, user-friendly, and efficient, and turns big messes into disappearing problems.
- Cleans carpets and rugs, twisted bristle for fine particles
- Four corner brushes for edge to edge cleaning
- Lays flat under furniture
Carpet Sweepers: In Summary
Carpet sweepers are making a surprising comeback. From making home cleaning more simplistic and efficient – and quiet – to making pet hair messes vanish, to heavy-duty commercial applications, carpet sweepers are here to stay.
We’ve reviewed some of the top models for five vastly different categories, and came up with the following end results:
- Best carpet sweeper for manual usage (no charging required, no batteries needed): Leifheit Rotaro
- Best rechargeable and cordless carpet sweeper: G-Tech SW02 Floor Sweeper
- Top carpet sweeper for sucking in pet hair: Dustcare Carpet and Hard Floor Sweeper
- Best carpet sweeper for heavy-duty usage: Rubbermaid 421288B Commercial
- Best value-for-the-dollar entry level carpet sweeper: Bissell Sturdy Sweeper
Last update on 2017-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API