In this epic article we’ll discuss the top brands that make carpet cleaning products and shampoos sold in the UK, review their product lines, and help you make decisions about which brands might help solve your particular needs.
If you’re looking for our carpet cleaner machine buying guide follow that link.
- Rug Doctor
- Prochem Europe Limited
- How to Pick the Perfect Carpet Shampoo
The Top Carpet Shampoos
Is your carpet marred by nasty stains that refuse to go away? Are you desperately looking for a magical solution to your carpet cleaning problems? Is that weird-smelling goo you bought in Poundland not doing the business? Then read on!
The market is awash (pun intended) with carpet shampoos, each varying in price and quality. Amidst an array of options, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. That’s why we’ve put together this guide.
We’ve analysed the best carpet cleaning shampoos you can buy in Britain, and written bite-sized reviews that will help you make a buying decision.
#1 – VAX Ultra Plus Carpet Cleaning Solution
Customers have lauded this product for the high-quality cleaning it provides. The RRP is fairly high but it’s often on discount, so more often than not this product proves to be a budget-friendly choice.
This product can be used effectively with all VAX carpet cleaners and can be used to clean both carpets and upholstery. The multi-functional nature of the product has made it a popular choice.
Is your carpet exhibiting an unpleasant smell? If so, you will appreciate this product’s feature of neutralizing odours and leaving behind a rose burst fragrance which is bound to give your room a fresh and pleasant aura.
Moreover, it is approved as being wool safe, which means that it can be used regardless of how delicate the carpet is. Such a feature allows this product to cater to the masses regardless of the type of carpet they have.
- Fast and high-quality cleaning
- Pleasant fragrance
- Successfully removes pet stains
- Requires a VAX cleaner to function (you can try in other machines but the amount of foam might not be right)
- For use with all Vax carpet cleaners
- Clean carpets and upholstery
- Neutralises odours
#2 – Genuine VAX AAA Carpet Cleaning Shampoo
This product has been well-received both for its low price as well as its ability to get rid of stains no matter how stubborn they are.
This product is available in a 750-ml bottle, which proves to be a convenient size. The improved formula allows this cleaning solution to effectively clean and lift all types of stains from the carpet.
Moreover, the fluid can be used on an array of carpets and rugs, including polyester, fibre, and wool (regardless of how delicate they are).
Furthermore, it features a floral infusion fragrance which is bound to leave your room smelling wonderful.
- Low price
- Does not shrink the carpet
- Effective cleaning
- The aroma is very light (might be a pro for some people!)
- VAX AAA Floral Infusion Carpet Cleaner Shampoo Solution (750ml) - New Improved Formula
- Gently cleans and lifts stains on all carpet types including delicate wool and polyester fibres.
- Carries 'Woolsafe' approval. -- Gives a fragrant 'floral infusion' scent to your household
#3 – Bissell Wash and Refresh Carpet Shampoo
This product is another that is regularly discounted, but it’s still normally dearer than than the Genuine, VAX Ultra, and Dr. Beckmann. However, the quality of the product justifies the price.
While the bottle contains 1.5 litres, the fact that the product is highly concentrated makes the volume equivalent to 3 litres of a solution which makes it a convenient option for most people.
Moreover, the product can be used to deodorize and clean carpets as well as upholstery via its ability to penetrate fibres. This feature allows it to tackle dirt.
- Cleans stubborn stain with ease
- Pleasant fragrance
- Premium price
- 2X Concentrated - Equivalent to 3 Litres
- Deodorises and refreshes carpets and upholstery by penetrating deep into fibres to break down stubborn dirt, stains and odour
- Powerful Cleaning with a refreshing clean scent.
#4 – Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent
This doesn’t leave any of the gluey remnants you sometimes get after a carpet cleaning session, and it will work in any carpet cleaning machine. It’s probably your best bet for high-traffic areas – it really does do a good job there.
Some people hate the smell, but all detergents have a smell and it usually fades away after a short time. We found this to be one of the LEAST smelly options. We also found that carpets dried faster when using this than its rivals, but I’m not sure if that was just our imagination!
There are detailed instructions for using it on the Rug Doctor website – how many mills per litre etc.
- Very effective product, especially in high-traffic sections of carpet
- Top brand name
- Less smelly than others
- None really. It’s good!
- Rug Doctor Carpet Detergent cleans,rejuvenates, deodorises and protects your carpet.
- Clean approximately 800sq ft/75m2 (up to 4 rooms)
- Contains Spot Blok carpet shield
#5 – Dr. Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover
This product has a fairly low RRP and is a carpet shampoo which can also be used on soft furnishings and upholstery.
Each bottle is 650 ml, and it succeeds in neutralizing odours regardless of how strong they are. Such odours may include those of pets and spillages.
Moreover, the product comes with an applicator brush which allows for easy cleaning so you get a lot of flexibility for your money.
- Works on fresh and old stains alike
- Great value for price
- The smell of the solution is pretty strong
- Eliminates tough stains and odours
- Formulated to remove heavy soil and unsightly spills
- Also ideal for pet stain accidents
#6 – Mylek Ocean Fresh Carpet Shampoo
At first glance, this product looks to be the most expensive one on this list. However, the high volume of 5 litres and the concentrated nature of the solution make up for it.
Compared to other products, this cleaner is more concentrated and deeply sanitizes carpets. The shampoo leaves behind a pleasant smell.
Not only is this product suitable for all types of carpets, but it also features a unique formula which allows for the breakdown of stubborn stains effectively.
- Excellent cleaning
- Works well with an array of cleaning machines
- Foam may fill in the collection tank
- Low foaming, high concentration carpet cleaning solution - deeply neutralises and sanitises leaving your home smelling clean and fresh
- Designed and tested for use with all carpet cleaning machines and suitable for all carpets, rugs and upholstery including wool
- Tackles the most stubborn stains, powering through heavily-soiled or high traffic areas and leaves a non-sticky anti re-soiling agent which...
More Carpet Cleaning Products
Vanish (from Reckitt Benckiser)
Originally called Reckitt Benckiser, the company was founded in 1999 when two companies merged. A Dutch company called Benckiser NV and a British company called Reckitt & Colman plc officially joined in December of 1999 under the new name. The company focuses on several core brands, and it gets most of its revenue from these brands, including Vanish. It has expanded several times over the years to incorporate more ventures including over-the-counter medications, cleaning products, vitamins, and food.
In 2014, the company announced that is was shortening its name to RB and focusing even more on its core product lines. It is headquartered in Slough, England, and it currently has a strong presence in 60 countries with its products available in over 200. It recently re-categorized its range into three large groups of health, home, or hygiene and three smaller groups of pharmaceuticals, food, and portfolio or ‘power’ brands, including Vanish products.
1. Vanish Powerpowder Carpet Cleaner
This carpet cleaning powder is extremely easy to use, and it comes in a large 650-gram size, so you have enough to clean a fair area in one go. You get up to five times more dirt removal, and it neutralizes odours. To use it, you simply shake it, open it, sprinkle in on your carpets, brush it in, and wait for it to dry 20 minutes. When it dries, just vacuum it up.
The bag is resealable so you can use it again and again, and it contains less than 5 percent oxygen-based bleaching agents, perfume, or anionic surfactants for a healthier and safer cleaning agent.
- Very easy to use and store
- Formulated with a safer formula with less chemicals
- Powder may have a very strong scent
- May be a challenge to vacuum it all up
- UK's #1 carpet cleaner brand
- Soften, freshen & clean your carpet more effectively than vacuuming alone
- Moist powder removes tough ground in dirt, odours & dust, for amazing deep carpet cleaning
2. Vanish Clean and Fresh Large Area Carpet Cleaner
This hand shampoo formula contains a very light scent with odour-neutralizing agents for a fresh, clean smell. A single bottle will get you up to five times the dirt removal as compared to the previous formula for a brighter, cleaner carpet. You scrub it in by hand and leave it to dry before vacuuming it up.
It foams on contact with the carpet, so you’re sure that you hit every area. You get a safe formula with less than 5 percent oxygen-based bleaching agents, and you can get it on your skin without a problem. You get three 450 ml bottles in one order, so you have enough to complete your projects.
- Deep cleans carpets
- Five times more dirt removal
- Won’t lift deep stains
- Not good for animal urine smells
- UK's #1 carpet cleaner brand
- Soften, freshen & clean your carpet more effectively than vacuuming alone
- Specially designed to combat carpet dirt build-up
3. Vanish Carpet Cleaner High Traffic Foam
This high-foam carpet cleaner comes in a slim and convenient spray can that allows you to easily direct where you want it to go. You spray the foam onto your carpet and brush it in to let it go to work loosening up any ground-in dirt and stains. It dries and you vacuum it up along with the ground-in dirt.
This carpet foam has a light, fresh scent that lingers in the carpet fibres to freshen up the entire room. It works very well in high-traffic areas, and it comes in 600 mL cans. You do have to leave it on your carpet for two hours for maximum effectiveness or until it completely dries.
- Easy to control the spray
- Get a lot of cleaner in one order
- The scent is very strong
- It could fade certain carpets
- UK's #1 carpet cleaner brand
- Soften, freshen & clean your carpet more effectively than vacuuming alone
- Specially designed to combat carpet dirt build-up
4. Vanish Oxi Action Powerspray Carpet and Upholstery Stain Remover
This foaming spray works on both carpets and upholstery to remove light everyday stains quickly and effectively. It uses an oxi formula to get to the root of the stain and start to lift it up. It’s easy to use and you just have to spray it on an rub it in. Use a damp cloth to blot it off.
You may have to apply it twice for very heavily stained areas. You get a two pack of 500 mL bottles in every order, and the spray application makes it easy to pinpoint the areas you want to clean. It leaves a very light and fresh scent when you’re done.
- Has an oxi clean formula
- Works on set-in stains
- May take more than one application to work
- Not for pet stains
- Enhanced stain removal first time
- Vanish Oxi Action carpet and upholstery power spray is the ideal product for removing everyday stains from your carpets
- Spray Vanish Oxi Action spray directly onto the stained area and rub gently
Astonish has been around for over 40 years, and it started with a door-to-door oven cleaner business. They produce a large line of cleaning products that ranges from oven cleaner to mould cleaner and stain removers. It is currently a second-generation family-owned company, and they sell their products nationwide. Their mission is to make real life shine each and every day. They keep all of their manufacturing local, and all of their products are also sourced locally as well.
The entire company’s products are cruelty-free, and they’re one of the first companies to have all animal-friendly household cleaning products. They never use animal ingredients, and they never test any of their products on animals. They’re also the only UK-based cleaning company to be certified as Cruelty-Free International by The Vegan and Vegetarian Society. There are also around 70 employees, and their distribution center is right next door, so they don’t have to travel far to get their products on the shelves.
1. Astonish C1526 750ml Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
This multi-use cleaner works on carpets, upholstery, natural fibres, synthetic fibres, and car seats. It cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes all in one shot for a clean end result. You’ll also get the peace of mind that comes with knowing that this spray kills mildew and mould as well.
You can choose from a 450ml or 700ml bottle, and you can also buy one, two, or three bottles at once. Spray it directly on the stains and lightly brush it in. Let it sit for a few minutes and blot it off with a damp rag. You can also vacuum it up when it dries, but it isn’t necessary. It’s also very affordable.
- Contains a multi-use formula
- Disinfects and deodorizes
- Doesn’t work well on certain fabrics
- There is no ‘clean’ scent after use
- Carpet and upholstery cleaner
- Suitable for carpets, upholstery, car seats, natural and synthetic fibres
- Cleans, disinfects and deodorises
2. Astonish Stain Remover Soap
This stain-removing soap comes in 75g bars, and it works to clean clothing, upholstery, and carpets. It’s an effective pre-treatment routine for stains, and it works very well for using it in caravans and cars. It’s very easy to use. Get the area damp and rub the bar on the stain then take a brush and scrub it in. Throw it in the wash to finish.
It’s formulated to remove grime, grease, oil, blood, and tar non-bleach. This cleaning product is also biodegradable and safe to use around kids and pets. You do want to be careful with more delicate fabrics, but it works well on cotton and cotton blends without a problem.
- Works on a variety of stains
- Good to use on clothing and in cars
- May only fade darker stains
- May take more than one application
- Quick and easy to apply direct to stain
- Ideal pre treat or emergency spot removal
- Suitable for most clothing, carpets & upholstery
The Dyson company has been around since 1987, and it was originally established by James Dyson because he was disappointed in how his vacuum performed and got clogged without routine maintenace. This company specializes in designing and producing vacuums, heaters, hair dryers, bladeless fans, and cleaning products. The cyclone brand of vacuums are one of the more well-known Dyson products. It currently employs over 8,500 people worldwide, and it markets its products worldwide as well.
This company has a long history of collaborating with Japanese investors, and there were over 5,000 different patents at one point. The company is also very invested in several education ventures including a robotics lab at Imperial London College, the University of Cambridge, and others. It also sponsors the James Dyson Foundation which is an international student design award that runs in over 180 countries. It is presented as a joint award for the students and their respective universities.
1. Dyson Dysolv
This cleaner contains four active cleaning agents that work to mobilise and clean stains as well as speed up their drying time so you can lift them easier. It works great to clean stains and spots on stain-resistant carpets and wool. It has an easy spray nozzle, so it’s easy to direct it right on the stain.
This cleaner is pH neutral and environmentally-friendly, so it’s safe to use around pets and children. The dispersant in this product helps to break up set-in stains while the detergent and the solvent combine to remove any oil-base. The final solvent dries the stain out, so it’s easy to lift out of the carpet fibres. You blot the remaining cleaner up with a damp cloth.
- Contains four active stain-fighting agents
- Very fast cleaning process
- Spray tends to drip
- May need more than one application
- Dysolv to clean spots and spills on carpets and rugs
- Ideal for wool and stain-resistant carpets
- PH neutral and environmentally friendly
2. Dyson Vacuum Cleaner powder for Zorb
This pouch of vacuum powder lets you quickly and easily freshen up your dirty and dingy carpets leaving them smelling fresh and clean. The concentrated powder comes in a resealable pouch so you can use it again and again without it drying out or losing it’s effectiveness or it smell.
It does have a slightly wet feel when you first sprinkle it on your carpet, so you may want to put it on overnight and let it dry for a few hours without walking on it. Once it is dry, you can use your vacuum and suck it up for refreshed and clean-smelling carpets. You can also rub it into the carpet for a deeper clean.
- Very easy to use
- Has a very fresh and lingering scent
- Takes several hours to completely dry
- Won’t lighten set-in stains well
- Genuine replacement zorb pouch for your vacuum cleaner.
- Fast delivery.
- For a full list of models this part / accessory is suitable for click on "See more product details" & then click "See all product details".
Vax is a UK-based company that manufactures and sells electrical goods and several lines of cleaning products. In 1977, Alan Brazier founded the company and it specialised in industrial carpet cleaners. He developed a carpet cleaner that was suitable for domestic use, but it had the power of a commercial cleaner. It was in production for several years, and it became available to the public for the first time in the spring of 1982 as the ‘orange-tub’ floor machine.
This company has a history of expanding and diversifying its product lines every few years, and 2014 was the last major switch. It expanded from carpet cleaners and vacuums to air purifiers, pressure washer, and dehumidifiers. They also produce a variety of carper cleaning agents including powder, granules, pre-treatment, and sprays. You can also buy a line of pet products that reduce the stains and smells that come with pet urine.
1. Citrus Burst Vax CarpetBurst Scented Vacuum Cleaner Granules
This easy to use carpet refreshing vacuum cleaner granules add a bright, fresh scent to any carpet quickly and easily. You can sprinkle them over your carpet and vacuum them up or add them to your vacuum’s dirt bin. The citrus burst fragrance will fill the room and linger for days.
You get a pack of six citrus granules, and each pack contains four packets so you will have enough to use again and again. Each packet contains 5 percent perfume that helps to refresh your carpet each time you use it. You can also choose from rose infusion or cotton scents as well as the citrus burst.
- 24 packets each time you buy it
- Very easy to use and vacuum up
- Scent may be very strong initially
- Only lasts for a few days between treatments
- Refresh your home with Vax Odour-Eliminating Granules
- Adds a burst of fragrance to any room
- Simply add to your vacuum's dirt bin or sprinkle over carpet, then vacuum
2. Vax 1913190701 Spot and Stain Solution
This carpet cleaner is ideal for households who have pets and have pet-specific stains to neutralize and remove. It also works very well on raffia carpet and wool polyester carpets. You can buy one, three, or six packs, and each of them are a very cost-effective option to choose.
Each bottle is 500ml so you can use it, again and again, to help remove any carpet stains. All you have to do is spray the formula on the stains and gently scrub it in. Allow it to soak in for 20 to 30 minutes and dab it dry. It’ll loosen and lift stains and neutralise common pet odours with as little as one use.
- Neutralizes pet odours
- Very cost-effective option
- May take more then one treatment to work
- Fades stains rather than removing them completely
- Removes stains and neutralises odours
- Floral Infusion
- Ideal for homes with pets
Bissell Inc is also known as Bissell Homecare, and it has been producing carpet cleaners and carpet cleaning products for over 140 years. It’s a family owned and run company, and it is the number one floor cleaning product manufacturer in North America. In 1883, the first manufacturing plant opened and was founded and headed by Melville Bissell. His wife Anna took over the company when he died in 1889 and remained active in the company until 1934.
It expanded from the original carpet sweeper to carpet shampooers and vacuum cleaners, and this leads to cleaning products. In 2004, Bissell purchased the well-known Woolite brand and all of their upholstery an carpet cleaning formulas. During this time, it also expanded into carpet cleaning products and attachments specially designed for pet stains and pet hair. This lead to Bissell outstripping Hoover for the number one place for floor care cleaners and products in North America.
1. Bissell Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam
This cleaner cleans and adds a layer of protection for carpets, area rugs, and any high-traffic areas. It has Scotchguard to protect fabrics and upholstery from further stains as well. It eliminates several tough odours including tobacco, cooking, and pet odours that may linger. You can use it by itself or with other Bissell products.
It’ll help to loosen up and remove ground-in stains or tough pet stains and hair. Your carpets will be left fresher and revitalized with any sticky residue. You spray it on the area or areas you want to clean, lightly scrub it in and wait for it to dry. Once it dries, you vacuum it up.
- Works for tough pet stains
- Very good for high-traffic areas
- It works better with other products
- It takes a lot to remove stains
- Deep cleans and protects area rugs, carpet, heavy traffic areas and more
- Eliminates tough odours from pets, tobacco and cooking
- Leaves carpets fresh and revitalised without sticky residue
2. BISSELL Heavy Traffic Pre Cleaner
The pre-treatment is very effective to use on heavy traffic areas or heavily stained areas on your carpet. It penetrates deep into the carpet and helps to loosen up oily and deep carpet stains. Stains from things like gravy, embedded dirt, or coffee work very well with this pre cleaner.
You get 650ml per bottle so that you can use it several times to pre-treat your carpets or area rugs. You do want to use it in a very well-ventilated area because it does have a strong smell with using it. It is also good for wool carpets and different fibres. The floral scent sinks into the carpet and lasts for days.
- Loosens up oily and deep stains
- Get 650ml in one bottle
- Works better on oily-based stains over other stains
- Have to pre-treat two or three times
- Improves deep cleaning effectivness
- Penetrates oily soils and losens deep carpet stains
- Helps remove spot and stains like gravy, coffee and embeded dirt
3. BISSELL Tough Stain PreTreat
You can choose from the regular formula or the pet specific formula with this cleaner. It gets deep into the stains to loosen them up and lift them from the carpet before you vacuum it. It can work on everyday spills and spots or more set in stains or pet stains quickly and effectively.
It leaves your carpet fresh, refreshed, and soft without any sticky layer or film. There are no artificial dyes or phosphorus in this formula, so it’s safe to use around your pets and kids. You only have to wait three to five minutes before you clean it up after you initially spray it onto your carpet for the best results.
- Very fast-acting and efficient
- Formula is dye and phosphorus free
- May leave additional rings on your carpet
- Doesn’t totally lift set-in stains
- Safely penetrates and loosens tough stains and embedded dirt before deep cleaning
- Effectively cleans and removes everyday spots and spills
- Safe for use on stain resistant carpet
Rug Doctor started out in a professional cleaner’s garage over 40 years ago in California. The bright red carpet cleaning machines are instantly recognizable, and they’re available at over 40,000 different retail locations worldwide. You can also buy or rent them short-term from several well-known retailers. Rug Doctor’s goal is to give their customers with a professional quality clean at a cost-effective price. You can also hire them to bring their cleaners to your home and clean the carpets for you.
They’ve also branched out and sell several carpet cleaning supplies including pre-treatment, deep cleaning agents, and pet-specific products. Each of their cleaning products is non-toxic and 100 percent biodegradable for a healthier and safer formula. They also clean, deodorize, disinfect, and protect your carpet and fabrics all in one easy treatment. Nielsen ratings consistently rate the Rug Doctor brand as having one of the most loyal customer bases in the carpet cleaning industry, and it continues to expand with new cleaning systems and products each year.
1. Rug Doctor Urine Eliminator
You get two different formulas to choose from with this one. There is a plain urine eliminator and one that comes with added carpet detergent. It can remove stains and odours due to faeces, urine, perspiration, and vomit. The formula contains pro-enzymatic technology that works to break down and dissolve urine crystals.
It works best if you put it on your stains overnight and let it soak in. You can use it on its own, or you can use it as a pre-treatment option before you scrub your carpets. This formula works on normal carpets and wool. It is also safe to use around your pets and around your kids.
- Works on a variety of organic stains
- Comes with a very light scent
- May take several treatments to completely lift stains
- Can make pet stains smell worse
- Uses pro-enzymatic technology to dissolve urine crystals, eliminate odours and enhance the removal of allergens
- Use to remove stains and odours such as urine, faeces, vomit, perspiration.
- Digests stains and odours overnight
2. Rug Doctor High Foot Traffic Cleaner
This pre-treatment formula lets you loosen stains from deep in the carpet fibres before you scrub your carpets. It’s best to use it in high-traffic areas like hallways, landings, stairs, or area rugs. It works on a variety of stains including organic and set-in oily-based stains. It is pet safe and wool friendly.
You spray it on and let it soak into the stained area, so it loosens up the stain, and you want to leave it on the stained around for at least 20 minutes. It also works for makeup stains. This is a quite powerful formula, so it is a good idea to test a small patch of fabric before you use it.
- Good for high traffic areas
- Wool friendly and pet safe formula
- May have a strong initial scent
- Might not work on repeated pet stains
- Use as a powerful carpet pre-treatment to remove high traffic area carpet stains prior to Rug Doctor machine cleaning
- Use in hallways, landings, kitchen entrances etc
- Helps lift and loosen ground in dirt and soiling
Prochem Europe Limited
Prochem Europe Limited is a European carpet cleaning company that has been in business for over 30 years. It is one of the foremost carpet cleaning companies in Europe, and it specializes in carpet cleaning treatments and maintenance products. Each product comes from the company’s UK’s manufacturing center, and they are distributed throughout Europe. You can buy scrubbers, accessories, pre-treatments, detergents, strippers, wax, and spot cleaners for both upholstery, wood or laminate flooring, fabrics, and carpets.
Their line of cleaning products have been used in domestic, commercial, and industrial applications, and the formulas meet very strict quality, environment, safety, and performance criteria. You can also purchase sanitizers, deodorizers, and protective treatments in addition to their other products. There is a natural range that contains no chemicals, and they’re classified as being environmentally friendly.
Their formulas contain natural tea tree, eucalyptus, and lemongrass formulas for a clean, fresh scent. You can buy these products online, or you can order straight from the company through their comprehensive catalogue.
1. Prochem B153-05 Urine Neutraliser Spray
This cleaner is specially formulated to neutralise and remove urine stains and smells. It is a light yellow tinted cleaner that comes in a five-litre bottle. It comes diluted and ready to use, or you can further dilute it at a 1:1 ratio if you’re worried that it’ll be too strong.
You get four five-litre bottles per case, so it’s a very cost-effective cleaning product. In addition to helping lift urine stains, it also acts as a powerful deodoriser. It’s safe to use on a variety of carpets, fabrics, and flooring mediums without an issue. You can also use it to freshen up pet areas or areas where they have accidents.
- Formulated specifically for urine stains
- Very fast working formula
- May not work on repeated urine stain areas
- May take several applications to work
- Yellow tinted liquid with fresh fragrance
- Dilution 1 to 1 or ready-to-use pH 4
- Unit 5L spray
2. Prochem BMP205-5 Trafficlean Cleaner
This cleaner is designed to lift and reduce stains on high traffic areas like hallways, entrances, and staircases. It is a thin turquoise green liquid that has a very light mint scent. You want to dilute it for the best results to a ratio of 10:1 since it is a strong formula.
You get five litres of heavy traffic cleaning solution in each order, and it works better in commercial or industrial settings. It’ll deliver straight to your door, and you can mix it into your ordinary carpet cleaning detergent for an all-over clean. The light mint scent lingers for days after you treat your carpet leaving a fresh, clean scent.
- Works best on high-traffic areas
- Very strong and versatile formula
- Have to dilute the cleaner in a 10:1 ratio
- Better suited for commercial or industrial use
- Turquoise green liquid with mint fragrance
- Dilution 1 to 10 pH 11
- 5 Litre
1. Traffic Lane Carpet Cleaner
Jangro’s carpet cleaner comes in a large five-litre size, so you have enough to clean a variety of floors in heavy traffic areas. It cuts through a variety of grease stains, films, and heavy soiling. This formula is very easy to use, and you can use it on a variety of fabrics, flooring, and carpet types.
You can spot clean with it by pouring a small amount on the stained area and using a damp cloth to dab it in lightly. When it dries, you run a vacuum over the area to clean up any remaining formula. You get four five litre bottles when you place your order so you can use it again and again.
- Cuts through grease
- Cleans heavy traffic areas very well
- Has a strong scent
- Can leave a film on the flooring
How to Pick the Perfect Carpet Shampoo
Here are some of the things you should focus on:
Type of Carpet/Rug
Different types of carpets require different kinds of carpet shampoo. Therefore, it is important to be aware of your carpet’s type. Such knowledge involves knowing what your carpet is made up of. For example, if it comprises of natural fibre, you should choose a fluid which is suitable for that. (The product descriptions should say – we’ve highlighted some points in the reviews below.)
Spot Cleaning vs Routine Cleaning
The right carpet cleaner for you depends on how you’ll use it. For example, if you wish to get rid of a particularly stubborn stain, specially formulated (i.e. powerful) shampoos will be your safest bet.
However, if you don’t have a nasty stain and you just want to freshen up your flooring, an everyday carpet-safe cleaner will get the job done. (‘Freshen up your flooring’ – that’s a good slogan. Consider it trademarked! No bagsies!)
Even when you have narrowed down your choices based on your need and type of carpet, you will still be faced with a choice between dozens of products. Here, you can narrow down the products based on your budget. Analyze how much you are willing to spend. Once you have decided how high you’ll go, pick a product which offers the maximum quality in that range. Just remember that a small investment in regular quality cleaning can keep your carpet looking new (so you’ll save on having to replace it).
Last update on 2018-07-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API